Saturday, June 2, 2012

6/02/2012

Yeah, I'm still here. I haven't written much in the way of music recently, or listened to much of any for that matter. I am currently trying to find work in this unbelievably bad economy. Well, I'm not sure if it is bad, or if the employers that I interview with are just biased enough so that I don't fit their profile as a good worker. Maybe it's the fact that I have had more than 6 jobs in the last ten years. Maybe it's all the experience I have under my belt (Race car mechanics school, computers, music). I've been a part of a nationally recognized racing environment. What I took away from that is how to be highly efficient and organized. But there was no creativity about it, and it caused my brain to seize up and become very bored. Just another cog in the grand machine; same old thing, day in, day out. And that's why I turned to music. A seemingly infinite number of ways to express myself, a way to tug on mood strings with audio. I find it amazing how a really good track can turn my day around, or how a few notes can change my attitude while sitting in traffic.

I'll start producing again soon, but first I need a steady income. I need a new computer for this 7 year old clunker can hardly handle the applications of today. Finding a job will also dictate whether or not I stay here in California, or move across the country to Georgia. Oh how I really want to stay in CA..

M|D

No comments:

Post a Comment